It would be great if “humanely raised” had one clear meaning. But there are many different ways to define it, because there are many different ways to raise farm animals. Each of us has to determine which farming practices we want to support.
I could, but that would be me telling you what to support. Instead, find your own ethical approach by reading these simplified definitions of humane:
But let’s agree…
Even though “humanely raised” can mean different things, it should never mean that:
- Animals are raised in cages
- Animals are raised in tightly crowded barns
- Animals aren’t allowed to express their natural behaviors
- Animals are bred in ways that cause physical deformations
- Animals are routinely given food that risks making them sick
Unfortunately, most animals raised for meat, eggs, and dairy in America are raised in these ways. Change will only happen as more people (such as yourself) choose alternative products!
Caroline Abels (Carrie)
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.